Registered Nurse (Monroeville)
Company: AW Labor Solutions
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Great opportunity for nurses interested in working in the U.S.
on a TN Visa. Only citizens of Canada and Mexico are eligible for
the TN Visa program.
PURPOSE OF YOUR POSITION
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a licensed professional who
coordinates patient care delivery by the health care team. The RN
assesses the patient, identifies nursing diagnoses based on
responses to health problems, develops and implements an
individualized plan of care, and evaluates the patient's response.
The RN promotes safe passage for their patients by using knowledge
of patient needs and the healthcare environment to assist patients
to transition through the healthcare encounter without any
preventable complications or delays. The RN delegates interventions
to health care personnel based on state standards, each patient's
condition and the competencies of the employee.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Using clinical judgment, conducts accurate clinical assessments
according to practice standards. Identifies and prioritizes patient
and family needs. Develops, implements and evaluates the nursing
plan of care. Modifies plan to meet clinical outcomes.
* Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing
practice. Supports evidence-based practice changes through research
utilization and experiential learning.
* Creates a compassionate, supportive, safe and therapeutic
environment for patients, families and staff. Develops therapeutic
relationships with patient and family and maintains appropriate
boundaries. Manages both emotional and physical pain with the aim
of promoting comfort and healing.
* Protects the confidentiality, dignity and rights of patient and
family. Creates an individualized plan that reflects patient and
family values and goals.
* Facilitates education for patients and families, nursing staff,
other members of the health care team and community; integrating
appropriate learning to help them participate and/or make informed
decisions about their health care and treatments, including health
promotion and disease prevention. Assesses and documents learning
needs and results.
* Works collaboratively with colleagues to develop an integrated
plan of care. Delegates tasks and care to appropriate staff and
ensures timely follow-up.
* Identifies personal goals and commits to ongoing professional
growth through continuing education, networking with professional
colleagues, membership and involvement in professional nursing
organizations, self-study, professional reading, certification and
seeking advanced degrees. Contributes to the professional
development of peers, colleagues and others.
* Understand and follow:
* Nursing and patient care standards and procedures
* Laws, rules and regulations
* Standards and guidelines of verifying and accrediting bodies
* Hospital and department standards, protocols, policies and
* Knowledge of:
* Medical terminology
* Principles and practices of health promotion, risk reduction,
illness and disease prevention and management
* Medications and drugs, common dosages, their physical and
physiological effects and possible adverse reactions
* Nursing ethics and patient privacy rights
* Age-specific, quality, patient-centered care
* General computer skills including Microsoft Office, electronic
medical documentations and email
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
* Must be willing to take NCLEX exam, or have already passed the
* Must demonstrate the required level of education and skill
competency through testing as set forth by Federal and State
standards. Must complete required Registered Nurse (RN)
certification in the state where you will be employed
* Proficient in English (conversational and written)
* Must pass an initial and annual criminal background checks
* Must not have been convicted or had a finding entered against you
of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment of the elderly, disabled or
* Experience with hospital care strongly preferred, but not
* Health requirements:
* Must not have an infectious disease that would pose an undue risk
of infection to themselves, other employees, individuals, or
visitors (as required by law)
* Must maintain vaccinations in accordance with regulations and
* Must provide a health inventory, which includes immunization
status, history of infectious condition, hepatitis, dermatologic
conditions, or chronic draining infections or open wounds.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, cardiothoracic, coronary, intensive
care unit, mhb, nurse clinical, recovery, staff nurse, tcu
Keywords: AW Labor Solutions, Pittsburgh , Registered Nurse (Monroeville), Healthcare , Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!