Director of Conference and Catering Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- Supervision and overall responsibility of the Catering function
including maintaining and monitoring the accuracy and effectiveness
of all written communication from Sales Managers, BEO's and
Banquets. These procedures include but are not limited to: Menu and
Event Proposals, Contracts, Banquet Event Orders, Catering Resumes,
Daily Events Report, and Delphi Input Standards.
- Actively prospect and solicit, develop, and maintain catering
accounts through telephone, personal sales calls, trade shows, and
on-site entertainment. Finalize the requirements of personally
booked catering events while maximizing revenue potential through
up selling and ensuring effective communication both written
(Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all
departments for the success of the event. Ensure accuracy of
Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or
- Work closely with the VP of Sales & Marketing in strategizing
all group related resort packages, and the assignment of meeting
- Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that
arise while groups are on property and keep Planning Committee
promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so
prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and
dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client's
needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel
staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning
Operations Briefing, Morning Event Briefing, Resume Meeting,
Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting, Pre-Convention
Meetings, Menu Tastings and Planning Site Visits.
- Conduct performance evaluations and mentor for Event Planning,
Event Sales Managers and Events Administrative Assistant. In
addition, recommend the hiring, terminating, or disciplining of any
Event Sales and Event Planning employees.
- Coordinate overall operation of conference services provided by
- Ensure accurate and detailed information is streamlined between
CCS and Sales
- Work closely with the Director of Sales in strategizing all
group related resort packages, and the assignment of meeting
- Act as back-up to each CCS Manager for difficult or large
- Ensure pricing structure is perceived by the guest as a "real
- Participate in/attend all pre-con and guest related meetings,
and actively support the CCS Manager, and the Resort.
- Conduct daily site inspections of all outdoor venues for
physical defects, cleanliness, and overall appearance.
- Ensure all indoor meeting areas, including adjoining public
space, is in good repair, clean, and appropriately maintained.
- Annually establish/revise/review all non-food and beverage
pricing structures to remain competitive and viable.
- Attend and conduct the weekly Resume Meeting.
- Maintain a quarterly review of guest comment and group rating
forms to verify incentive payouts.
- Develop, implement and maintain accurate budgets and forecasts
for all related departments.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 10+ years relevant experience - with 5+ years' preferably in a
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Experienced with high volume, upscale events of 500 plus
- Detail-focusedThis job description cannot possibly include a
comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or
responsibilities that may be required by the organization and/or
members of management. It reflects management's assignment of
essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the
additional tasks that may be assigned.
Keywords: Nemacolin, Pittsburgh , Director of Conference and Catering Services, Executive , Farmington, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!