Front Desk Manager
Company: Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
Posted on: November 22, 2021
With everything we do, we believe a stay with us will enhance
your life by creating memories that last a lifetime. How do we
accomplish this? We place food and service at the heart of
everything we do! We just happen to operate a phenomenal resort
called Nemacolin; you should come and grow your career here! We are
seeking to fill a key position in our Guest Services department
that manages Front Desk Agents and PBX Operators. Responsible for
training and associate development, implementation of procedures
and policies consistent with a professional world-class resort, as
well as, serve as guest contact in handling problems, concerns, and
special requests. Be Excellent, Be Engaged, Be Empowered to Create
Lifelong Memories! Essential Functions:
- Manage and operate front desk to meet and exceed Nemacolin
- Work on scheduling, productivity, communicating, and monitoring
expenses to meet Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spas goals.
- Oversee the execution of pre arrival room blocks and special
- Provide hands-on Guest Service support for busy
arrival/departure periods and group movements.
- Prevent problems and handle stressful situations in a
professional manner, ensuring guest satisfaction and resort
- Implement systems and communication between Front Desk and
Housekeeping to manage Rooms Inventory to ensure arrival rooms are
ready in a timely manner.
- Participate in weekly meetings (i.e. departmental, conference
- Monitor day end lodging financial reports and provide support
to night audit staff and accounting.
- Ensure timely billing and accurate cash/audit functions with
the Front Desk.
- Maintain Forbes 5 star standards throughout Check in and Check
- Complete guest satisfaction as indicated by comment cards,
letters, and conference group feedback.
- Professional smooth running of arrival/departure periods and
- Managing payroll and expenses to operate within budget
guidelines and contribute to resort profitability.
- Effective troubleshooting/problem solving to prevent/limit
effect of operational flaws and inconsistencies to guests.
- Pro-active handing of guest opportunities during stay to
fulfill their expectations and prevent guests from leaving
- Effective communication between operating departments to ensure
action and procedures occur smoothly and effectively.
- High level of employee morale and teamwork within the entire
Front Office Team.
- Development of associates to be better prepared for promotion
and increased responsibility. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university and/or work
experience equivalent of five years in hospitality industry.
- Previous management experience.
- Prior experience with SMS Host is preferred.
- At least two years of Front Desk, Guest Service, or
Housekeeping management experience preferred.
- Previous resort experience with exposure to Accounting, Sales,
Recreation or Food & Beverage is a plus.
- Possess knowledge of Rooms Operations and Guest Service at the
- Must have computer knowledge.
- Demonstrate ability to direct and manage.
- Good communication skills needed as well as being professional
- Must be able to speak English.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays. Why
Work for Nemacolin? Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching
across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern
Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other.
Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The
Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rockboth recipients of the
Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awardsto the refreshing ease of The Lodge
as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the
beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from
the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two
championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and
wellness services; Orvis-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor
activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art
tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all.
Adventure awaits.At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and
develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique
amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards
make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue
opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and
beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among
others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong
commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can
help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance
within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our
associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional
- Opportunities for advancement At Nemacolin, we encourage our
associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a
variety of departments to better understand the hospitality
industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the
organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in
entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs Nemacolin realizes that our
associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the
industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service
and ability to consistently exceed guests expectations. Each month,
associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional
service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their
areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and
are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs As a new associate, we provide
a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your
growth and career interests while sharing knowledge, advice, and
encouragement along the way. AWARDS & ACCOLADES Nemacolin has
consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for
providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We
are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to
have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our
accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating,
the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of
Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Cond Nast Traveler,
and Golf Digest, just to name a few. ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $125.00
when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a
minimum of 30 days! Receive a second reward of $125.00 when the
referred associate continues their employment for a total of 90
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when
you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a
minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)! ASSOCIATE
- X-Plan Ford Pricing
- Verizon Wireless
- AT&T Wireless
- Sprint Wireless
- 84 Lumber #Nemacolin1
Keywords: Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Pittsburgh , Front Desk Manager, Executive , Farmington, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!