Corporate Risk Manager - GROWMARK, Inc. - Bloomington, IL
Posted on: November 22, 2021
GROWMARK is a regional cooperative with annual sales of $8.5
billion providing agronomy, energy, facility planning, and
logistics products and services, as well as grain marketing and
risk management services in more than 40 states and Ontario,
Canada. GROWMARK is ranked fourth on the NCB Co-op 100 listing of
the nation's 100 highest revenue-earning cooperative businesses.
GROWMARK owns the FS trademark, which is used by affiliated member
cooperatives. GROWMARK is large enough to offer solid career
opportunities, but small enough to provide a family-oriented,
welcoming environment and great benefits.
See what it's like to work at GROWMARK:
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Provides professional insurance and risk management advice to
member cooperatives, handles their property and casualty insurance
needs and assists the Director, Engineering, Environmental, Safety
and Insurance Services with the insurance/risk management needs of
GROWMARK and its subsidiaries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for on-site visits to member cooperatives to
discuss insurance coverages, perform property surveys, review
property valuations, advise member cooperative general managers and
other personnel and, if requested, their board of directors on all
insurance coverages in effect.
- Responsible to monitor status of and analyze claims of members
as well as manage major claims. Assists members with claim problems
and involves safety personnel in loss control efforts to reduce
- Responds promptly to questions from member cooperatives
regarding insurance coverages and risk management. Works with
insurance carriers to aid member cooperatives with policy coverage
questions, problems and obtains additional insurance coverages as
- Reviews member cooperative contracts for insurance requirements
and recommends insurance policies or changes in contracts as
needed. Oversees preparation of certificates of insurance to meet
- Maintains and updates member cooperative records needed for
insurance policy renewals.
- Assists Director, Safety and Insurance Services with
insurance/risk management needs of GROWMARK and its
- Provides leadership to member cooperative safety
- Assists regional staff by providing requested information and
giving regional presentations.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists in annual insurance renewal negotiations as
- Follows GROWMARK's Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance
Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and
procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Normally requires bachelor's degree with a major emphasis in
insurance, business, finance or equivalent and at least 3 years of
advanced commercial property/casualty insurance related
- Requires an Illinois Property/Casualty Insurance Agent's
license and other states as requested or the ability to
- CPCU, ARM, CIC or other professional insurance designation is
- Requires understanding and experience with evaluating insurance
exposures, risk finance, claims analysis, data collection and
management, and mathematical skills - particularly geometry.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge,
collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and
- Insurance agency, brokerage or insurance company experience is
preferred. Knowledge of the GROWMARK system is preferred.
- Requires proven professional communication, persuasion,
presentation and customer service skills.
- Requires demonstrated analytical, planning, organization,
problem-solving, time management and "attention to detail"
- Requires team building skills and ability to work independently
and in a team-oriented environment.
- Requires computer skills including database development and
management, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the ability to use
the computer to enhance business processes.
- Requires a valid and acceptable driver's license and ability to
travel independently and overnight.
- Occasionally required to lift 20 lbs. and climb ladders.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme weather conditions and contact
with chemicals and dust using personal protective equipment where
- Occasionally may be required to work extended hours.
- Requires ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training
that may include education on GROWMARK's policies and procedures
and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans
and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be
contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background
check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as
applicable and permissible by law.
Keywords: Growmark, Pittsburgh , Corporate Risk Manager - GROWMARK, Inc. - Bloomington, IL, Executive , Bloomington, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!