Diesel Mechanic - Freedom Transit
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Description Type: All Sites. Description Title: . Description
Transdev is hiring a Diesel Mechanic in its location serving
Up to $25/HR
Our technicians enjoy a state-of-the-art paperless workflow program
that requires very little paperwork to be filled out. We utilize a
cutting-edge electronic work order program that makes filling out
work orders much easier and less time-consuming. Our fleet at this
location consists of Gillig buses, Freightliner, Ford, Chevy, and
Transdev is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages from $22 to $25/hour based on experience &
qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- ASE certification bonus of up to $9,000 per year
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- The shift is Monday - Friday, 11:00 am - 7:30 pm - Consistent
full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan
- Annual Boot allowance and Safety glass allowance
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- A great work environment!
Diesel Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair, including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Complete preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications:
A valid CDL is preferred.
- Company training to help you get your CDL will be provided.
- 3+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or a combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- ASE certifications are preferred. Must participate in company
ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR
Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including
marijuana, for any reason.
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes
of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail,
paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation
contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing
safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission
is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and
contribute to a more sustainable environment.
Corporate office is based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest
private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North
America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle
services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of
cities and transit authorities through quality execution and
innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a
leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17
countries and provides passengers the freedom to connect to what
they care about in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: Transdev, Pittsburgh , Diesel Mechanic - Freedom Transit, Engineering , Houston, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!