Quality Engineer III
Company: Flyer Defense LLC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Flyer Defense provides specially designed and customized
advanced light tactical vehicles used by Special Forces and ground
troops worldwide. We are a leader in mission-specialized,
high-performance, lightweight off-road wheeled military tactical
vehicles, transportable by rotary and tilt wing aircraft.
Flyer Defense is looking to add to our diverse team in the
Johnstown, PA area. Flyer Defense is currently in partnership with
JWF Industries for vehicle production and assembly. As such, this
position will be 100% on-site at the JWF facility. The Quality
Engineer will play a key role in shaping the future of Flyer
Defense by helping to ensure compliance and 100% customer
- Managing subcontractor production and manufacturing quality
- Developing and implementing quality standards pursuant to
automotive and defense industry best practices.
- Developing and implementing and managing quality control
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance.
- Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and
products to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Collaborating with subcontractor's and internal operations and
production managers to develop and implement controls and CI
- Ensuring that workflows, processes, and products comply with
- Investigating and troubleshooting product or production issues
with the Production Team.
- Conducting RCCA's developing corrective actions, solutions, and
- Reviewing - specifications and processes. Ensuring company's
products and processes meet established quality standards.
- Performing source inspections and subcontractor
- Other related duties as required.
- Degree in quality, industrial, or mechanical
- 5+ years of experience in automotive, transportation, or
defense quality engineering, quality assurance, or a similar
- Must have basic knowledge of GD&T.
- Must have a basic understanding of hardware blueprints (notes,
features, views, tolerances, etc.)
- Skilled at measuring and using test equipment/tools, as
- Well versed in MS Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to speak, read, and write English well.
- Able to lead and work with others and be a team
- Is task oriented and self-starting.
- Is punctual and a dependable team player.
- ASQ certification.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Is confident in the Quality role within a Manufacturing and
- Experience with Tier 1 Automotive Supply Chain.
- Experience with Infor ERP and Microsoft SharePoint.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent standing, walking, and sitting.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Occasionally lift and /or move up to 30 pounds.
- Travel 10% or less.
- Primarily located in a manufacturing environment requiring use
of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All
applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability
Keywords: Flyer Defense LLC, Pittsburgh , Quality Engineer III, Engineering , Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!