Diesel Mechanic - Laurel Highlands School District
Company: First Student
Posted on: August 7, 2022
First Student is now hiring an Automotive and Diesel Mechanic
for our shop servingLaurel Highlands School District!First
thingsFirst: Who are we?Twice the size of our next largest
competitor,First Studentis the leading school transportation
solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5
million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S.
airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the
industrys strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable,
quality services to 1,100 school districts.Why join First as an
Automotive andDiesel Mechanic?
- $18.31 - $22.00 per hour based on experience and qualifications
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday 6:00 am to 4:00 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Diesel Mechanic PositionAsan Automotive and
Diesel Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and
repair gas-powered vans and diesel-powered school buses to ensure
vehicle readiness & safety. Other major job duties include:
- Assist with preventive maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Diesel Technician
- Valid drivers license required; Willingness to obtain CDL while
employed We train!
- Pennsylvania State Inspection License is required
- At least 1 year of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanics tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with
FirstStudent!We aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce
therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all.Required
Keywords: First Student, Pittsburgh , Diesel Mechanic - Laurel Highlands School District, Engineering , Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!