Special Education Teacher
Company: Pressley Ridge
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Be the change you wish to see in the world! Come join our team
to empower children and families in our communities to transform
their lives and develop to their full potential.Pressley Ridge
BenefitsThe well-being of our employees and their families is
important to us. At Pressley Ridge, we strive to provide the most
competitive and comprehensive employee benefit programs that are
affordable and help you and your family achieve and maintain your
best possible health.
- Free single medical coverage available with a Health Savings
Account (HSA) with 50% employer match
- Prescription coverage
- Dental and vision plans
- Patient advocate and Medicare specialists available at no
- Dependent Care Flexible Savings Account
- Wellness incentive (up to $250)
- 403b with up to 9% employer give/match
- Free life insurance and AD&D
- Paid sick time (up to 15 days)
- Paid holidays including a birthday holiday
- Tuition reimbursement (if applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)Position SummaryThe
Teacher/Special Education Teacher (SET) is responsible for
collaborating within the classroom team in the development,
implementation and monitoring of effective, individualized academic
and behavioral programming for students.Essential Responsibilities
- Assure effective academic and behavioral programming for each
student which results in high rates of academic progress and
successful program completion.
- Develop, implement, review, and report on Individualized
Education Plans (IEP) for each student.
- Develop and implement a classroom/behavioral management system
in collaboration with the classroom team.
- Assure effective behavioral health planning to increase each
student's social and emotional learning skills.
- Assure the continuous safety of all students.
- Assure the continuing development of professional
- Clearances. State Police; FBI clearance; child abuse clearance;
CPSL Mandated Reporter-Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse
training; any additional background checks/clearances required by
state governing bodies.
- Valid driver's license and current vehicle insurance.
- Pressley Ridge School for the Deaf - Proficiency in American
Sign Language (ASL) required. Applicants not meeting the minimum
ASL proficiency are required to complete coursework and meet the
minimum proficiency after hire.Working Conditions
- Physical Demands. This position requires a moderate to high
level of physical activity. Employee must meet minimum requirements
for Hearing, Speech and Vision.
- Environmental. School and Community
- Working Hours. As assignedEducationRequired
- Bachelors or better in Special Education or related
fieldLicenses & CertificationsRequired
- Teaching CertificationEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Pressley Ridge, Pittsburgh , Special Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...