Company: Crittenton Services
Posted on: September 25, 2022
We are looking for a part-time Teacher who is passionate about
educating and caring for children. The Lead Teacher provides a safe
environment and instruction for children designed to promote
social, physical, and intellectual growth.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Education, Elementary Education, or
related field preferred.
- A minimum of three years' experience working with children, in
a preschool setting.
- Preference given to individuals holding a current teaching
certification or actively pursuing recertifications.
- Training in detection of child abuse/neglect.
- Be WVSTARS eligible and willing to complete registration,
pre-service (one time) and a minimum of 15 applicable STARS
training hours must be completed and maintained, yearly.
- Maintain effective supervision and model appropriate behavior,
including social skills, proper hygiene, and enthusiasm for
- Work with assistant in the planning and implementation of
developmentally appropriate lesson plans, developmental assessment,
and maintaining a positive and enriching classroom
- Maintain all paperwork relevant to the site, i.e. census, sign
in/out sheets, cleaning logs, monthly safety checklists, client
- Collaborate with assistant teacher to meet the needs of
children in attendance.
- Be familiar with and follow all policies of agency and
institution, keeping Program Director, school principal, and any
other relevant agency or staff informed of program needs, progress,
developmental or behavior problems of individual children, and
report any case of suspected child abuse or neglect to supervisor
who will work with staff and proper authorities.
- Keep parent informed of child's progress by maintaining a
developmental portfolio on each child. Conduct individual
conferences with parents at least twice per year, which comprises
evaluations and progress reports included in the child's
- Complete required human resources checks as need including but
not limited to; WV CARES background checks, CPS, physicals, TB/PPD
risk assessment etc. Maintain first/aid/CPR certification; complete
15 hours of stars approved training yearly. Training in child
abuse/ neglect detection, first aid and CPR, CPI, Food Handlers,
and other required trainings.
- Attend staff meetings and supervision meetings with Program
Director, as scheduled.
- Flexibility in scheduling as needed by the program..
- Part-time during the school year, summers off.
- Monday - Thursday; Occasional Fridays for Staff Meetings or
- $29,000 per year; paid bi-weekly throughout the entire year
including over the summer months
- Middle Creek Elementary School
Do you want to learn more about Crittenton Services and our
mission? Check out our company page at:
Keywords: Crittenton Services, Pittsburgh , Lead Teacher, Education / Teaching , Triadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!