Senior Tax Analyst - Federal
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Eaton's Corporate Tax team is currently seeking a Federal Senior
Tax Analyst. This position is based at our Houston, TX facility and
Relocation Assistance is available.
The Senior Tax Analyst will assist all federal functions within Tax
Operations. Primary responsibilities involve all areas of federal
income tax, including interpreting federal tax laws and completing
various income tax returns in a manner that both complies with the
law and minimizes Eaton's tax costs.
The Tax Operations group is responsible for tax governance and
therefore keeps the company in good standing in all the
jurisdictions in which it does business, while minimizing cash tax
costs and book tax expense. This role requires a solid professional
to maintain our standing with government agencies and our peer
group of corporations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of various federal
consolidated and separately filed returns as well as partnership
income tax returns.
- Prepare or assist in completing various tax adjustments used in
the calculation of federal taxable income.
- Perform tax research on an as needed basis.
- Develop strong network of peers to optimize intra and inter
- Support Eaton's federal controversy team in the defense of
federal returns on audit.
- Participate in intra-departmental and inter-departmental
special projects and process improvement teams. Examples may
include initiating or monitoring organization changes, evaluating
financing alternatives, and monitoring or evaluating accounting
- Participate in gathering information for various tax saving
initiatives, domestic information reporting and tax accounting for
- Assist in quarterly preparation of ASC740 calculations for
various US subsidiaries on an as needed basis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years of corporate and/or public accounting tax
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company
sponsorship now or in the future
- Master's degree in accounting, finance and/or taxation
- Experience with federal income tax compliance, planning and tax
- Experience with Corptax tax preparation software, Oracle and/or
- Experience with tax research credit
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to successfully and consistently work on multiple
assignments simultaneously and adjust to rapidly changing
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assignments
within a team setting
- Working knowledge of federal income tax law and US GAAP
- Computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft
Excel and Word
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to support
the preparation of tax returns and financial reports
- Excellent analytical skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on
employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered
globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-Mississippi, United States-Idaho, United
States-Texas, United States-California, United States-Kansas,
United States-New Mexico, United States-Massachusetts, United
States-Oklahoma, United States-Alabama, United States-Pennsylvania,
United States-Indiana, United States-Minnesota, United
States-Arkansas, United States-Missouri, United States-Georgia,
United States-Illinois, United States-North Carolina, United
States-South Carolina, United States-Alaska, United
States-Kentucky, United States-Washington, United
States-Connecticut, United States-Louisiana, United States-Utah,
United States-Arizona, United States-Ohio, United States-Wisconsin,
United States-Michigan, United States-Nevada, United
States-Virginia, United States-Rhode Island, United States-Florida,
United States-Nebraska, United States-Tennessee, United States-West
Virginia, United States-Maine, United States-New Jersey, United
States-Colorado, United States-Iowa, United States-Maryland, United
States-Oregon, United States-Hawaii
Houston TX Loc 10
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Relocation from within hiring country only
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :110733
Keywords: Eaton, Pittsburgh , Senior Tax Analyst - Federal, Accounting, Auditing , Indiana, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!